Thursday, 12 September 2013

How To Spot A Fake Lakme Eyeconic Kajal


Hey Dolls!

I was recently sent the Lakme Eyeconic Kajal by Lakme itself and I must say this kajal is really really good! Its jet black, creamy and easy to apply, applies opaque and does not smudge or fade for the longest time! This is soon turning out to be my favorite kohl pencil!
However when a friend disagreed to this as according to her it was not very pigmented and smudged like crazy, I got a bit suspicious. So I ended up comparing the two pencils and boy the differences were quite clear! After a few days one of my cousins had the same issue! They had purchased their pencils from quite a reputed store in Gangtok. 




The first big difference I found was the position of the letters. The pencil on top which is the original one has the letters eyeconic starting from the bottom while in the fake one below it begins from the tip of the pencil. 


Next is the bluish green band on the bottom f the pencil. The original one on top has a light green band while the fake one below has a dark green band. 


The inscriptions also vary a little. Have a look at the pictures below! The one on top being the original pencil.





Lastly and most importantly, the way they apply is also extremely different! The one on the left is the fake pencil and as you can see it is not as jet black and opaque as the one on the right!


Also on rubbing my fingers over these swatches the fake one instantly rubbed off leaving it smudged and faded! While the original one on the right side dint budge that much! 

I hope this post has been helpful for all you guys! I'm glad I could help my friends here to get their money back. We took both the pencils and showed the differences to the store from where they had purchased it and threatened them to forge a complaint to the consumer forum! Eventually they agreed to refund and I think this will also help them to be more careful regarding suppliers in the future.
Just be more careful the next time you buy a Lakme Eyeyconic Kajal and watch out for the signs ^_*

Thats all for today!

Love..Titi..xoxo

30 comments:

  1. Oh really nice for share this post is important know about the fake products.
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh God. Please share this on lakme's FB page. They should also know how girls are cheated. Thanks for the post. This will benefit a lot of girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey they make fake Lakme as well? Whatever happened to the lets-stick-to-Chanel-and-Dior principle of the fakers? Agree with Shayoni, please share it with Lakme.
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst part is these are sold in reputed stores that actually sell lakme products! Not in roadside shops that have fake stuffs!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Oh thats sad but very informative post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just checked my lakme which i bought from NewU store, Inorbit mall, hyderabad and one which i got from brand directly for winning a contest..my god...differences are evident....exactly like you say...and i nthe fake one packign date is 11/2012..i wonder if eyeconic was released then..it so came intact packed like real one...i still have the cover with me....
    thanks a lot for this post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg!! Cant believe these fakes have hit such reputed stores in the cities as well!! Thanks for sharing

      Delete
  6. That was a really great post! There are so many fake stuffs out there... I probably have got some fake things more or less without knowing it too...

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh MY GOD this is shocking lemme check mine :O Thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for info dear .... i have spotted same with maybelline colossal kajals....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Thats insane! No wonder there are so many differences in opinions when it comes to Kolossal!

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness! Can't even think about it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gr8 post.... these days we hv so many dupes in the market.. it is good to share such info... kudos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. gr8 post! very useful info n comparison.. kudos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. There was a similar hoax with Maybelline's Colossal Kajal and now this one..thanks a tonne for the info...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome - Well written and beautifully explained dear :)
    I went for a street shopping other day and there was this poor guy selling Lakme eyeconic kajal & Maybelline Colossal kajal for 100 bucks - I smelled something fishy and got my answer today ;)
    I loved reading it - Thanks for sharing dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, I was not aware that there are fake selling in market for kajal. i thought ppl fake high end products. Thanks for sharing I can try remembering these things

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad this post has been helpful to all of you guys ^_^ thanks for reading!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This what i call an amazing post! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is amazing, thank you for warning us. I can't believe how similar it looks :O xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice informative post :) They look so similar...

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank u so muchhhhhhhhhh..........jst nw i came 2 knw mine was fake..............

    ReplyDelete
  20. thnk u so muchhhhh....jst knw i came 2 knw mine was duplicate

    ReplyDelete
  21. this just happened to me. i bought one from a local store and just as i opened it something didnt feel rite.... and that led me to search online for 'fake eyeconic'. i am aghast. dont know if taking any action will get me my 199 rs. back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...